Ah...the memories. What wasn't to love?
On the beautiful bluffs of Lake Superior...
And knocking around on the rocky shores (here Bridgette is catching tadpoles).
It was so much fun showing my family some of my favorite spots from afar...
...and up close...
...and REALLY CLOSE...like INSIDE the lighthouse itself!!! Fun!
But my favorite part was just being with my family. We brockman girls know how to have fun. Seriously.
Here's my mom and I after a whole day in the hot sun and walking around. Not the most flattering picture of me, but man we had fun that day!
Here's a typical picture of us eating. My mom isn't in this one, so she must be taking the picture. There's Bridgette in the front, then my niece Scotlyn, me, my niece Jacquilyn, and my sisters Deanna and Lynda. Fun, fun, fun!!!
And then there's my sister Lori. She lives on the West Coast and couldn't make the trip, and said she'd be with us in spirit when I talked to her on the phone. Little did she know, we couldn't bear to make the trip without her....
She the face second to from the left in the back row? Lori came with us! (Kind of creepy with no body...we rectified that in many other pictures we took by putting her face on Bridgette's body...) Yes, it's a dorky idea - of course, it was MY idea! And then I told my dorky idea to my mom, who corralled my nieces to put it into action. They cropped and photocopied and pasted and cut until "Flat Lori" (like "Flat Stanley, only much cuter) was born. She appears in a large number of our photos. I think we're making a photo album for her and sending it to her. See? Dorkiness runs in the family. Genetics...
Yes, we Brockman girls know how to have a good time. We're dorks, but we know how to have a good time.
4 comments:
What beautiful pictures!!! I love the lighthouse pictures...what a cute idea to take a pic from far away and then closer and then inside :o)
You girls look a lot alike!!
BTW....my sisters name, Birgitta....means Bridgette :o)
Oh and there is a picture of all of us sisters on my Mamma's blog :o)
Great photos! You girls know how to have a good time. Love the pasted pic of your sister! So funny!
BTW, you look amazing Pennie!
you are my kind of dork... he he!! I love the flat sister!! ha ha!~ Such a fun time!! Fun memory making!
and I love love lighthouses!! too cool that you got to see the inside! =)
Post a Comment