Friday, July 16, 2010

I Met Penny Today...

Today Shelly (my Partner-In-Crime Friend) and I had breakfast at "our breakfast place."
It's quite a place. It has what we call "ambiance."
You might not like it...especially if you like "fancy" over "character."
Shelly and I are characters, all the way...but I guess if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that by now!
Our breakfast fave is a "hole-in-the-wall" kind of place.
It's called "Not Justa Cafe." None of the mugs or dishes match. There are odd signs all over the walls. They say things like "Your village called. Their idiot is missing." and "God loves stupid people. He must - he made so many of them." The signs cover the walls. Those kind of slogans are printed on the backs of the t-shirts the restaurant staff wear.
But the food is really good. We order what they call a "Mess." They mix up scrambled eggs and veggies and hashbrowns and top it with cheese. It does look like a mess...maybe that's why we like it? Hmmmm....
Shelly and I haven't been to the cafe all summer - which is a long time for us.
We were there to take Shelly's friend there for the first time. Her friend who flew in from Missouri who is staying at Shelly's home. This particular friend and I have been meaning to meet for years now!
Shelly's friend's name is Penny. Weird. You know what's weirder? Penny has MS.
So, Shelly had breakfast with two Pennies with MS.
Bazaar.
*Twilight Zone music plays, then fades out.*

7 comments:

Kami said...

Weird! :)

Hope you had fun! By the way, your favorite breakfast spot sounds like something I would truly love! :) Maybe I'll have to venture out there sometime ...

TheFitHousewife said...

That sounds like a great place to have breakfast! I love places like that!

That's great you could meet someone who is in a similar situation as yourself. I bet you had a lot to talk about...

Karen Whittal said...

There is nothing more relaxing than going out with "a partner in crime" thats whats life is all about, keep well my friend

Laura said...

Haha you're too funny! But seriously, how cool you girls finally met! :)

I love hole in the wall kinds of places...they usually have the best breakfast food, yum!

Helga said...

That's the place where you took Aaron isn't it?? I think this place sounds like something I would like. I love T-shirts that say things on them....I used to have a ton of them and I buy them all the time for the boys.

What a coinky dink that Shelly has a friend named Penny who has MS.......other than you!!!

Seizing My Day said...

THAT is just amazing... God working out the timing on that one perfectly!! crazy!

I love hole in the wall kind of places... we will eat there one day when I get to visit, k?!!

Debbie said...

That is an odd coincidence!
And now I'm craving a Mess!