Last night, we had a visitor. I didn't hear her, but we found her footprints...muddy footprints across our front walk.
Oh, and she must have been hungry, because she chewed off a bunch of my daylillies. That's where her footprints ended. Sigh. Good thing I have plenty of daylillies, so there were a few to spare! She only nibbled a few.
Who could she be?
Who could she be?I think this is her. We saw her a few weeks ago nursing her fawns in our front yard. Isn't she sweet? She can stick to the leaves in the back here from now on...I'm going to start spraying my daylillies - those are off limits from now on! (I notice that she does like to lap up water from our bird bath a few times a week in the wee hours of the morning - she can continue to do that if she'd like...)
6 comments:
How sweet! I can't believe you got to see her nurse her fawns. That must have been something!
How cute is that! However, they can cause a lot of damage!
So cute! Once I had 4 deer in my yard! I was shocked.
Our naughty deer have eaten all my cherries, apple blossoms and leaves from both trees, my saskatoon berries... ugh... naughty naughty deer! ;) I do love them though... and they are hungry... and... I would LOVE to see one nursing her babies! So sweet!! ;)
Oh she is so pretty! I hope she stays out of your daylillies though!!
Have a great Wednesday Pennie!!
How cool!! (well not the flower part...) My parents live on a lake and the deer literally come right up to the door, it kills my hunting husband! :)
Post a Comment