I feel like I've lived a hundred lifetimes in the past few weeks. Have you ever had seasons like that? My springtimes usually take on that flavor. Everyone talks about the hustle and bustle of Christmas and the holidays. Sure, there are extra things to do, but springtime always throws me. I kind of get the springtime blues for some reason. It's not that I don't keep busy...there's plenty of busy-work to keep me running around...I won't bore you with the list of activities to prove my point, but springtime is the precursor to the summer. And whoever labeled summer "The Lazy Days of Summer" obviously wasn't one of my family members! We have almost every weekend filled up through August already...and many of the weekdays. Every two or three years Mike and I intentionally get a hold on the madness that our summers become and we purposely block off certain weekends. We didn't get to our planners in time this year. Life took over.
I'm trying to approach it all with a good attitude, though. I know, heading into this break-neck pace that organization is going to be really important. I've travelled this road before. So, I'm going to try to devote a week to each room and concentrate on the organization of that room - closets, drawers - EVERYTHING...I'm going to try to get this place ship-shape and get this fam working like clock-work!
How is your spring shaping up? What are your best spring cleaning tips? And what are your plans this summer?
3 comments:
I try to tackle a problem area in the house whenever I get in the mood you are. If I'm angry with my husband, then it's a closet. It really makes him nervous when I actually clean a closet without any provocation... They just need it sometimes!
I just try to get school wrapped up for the kids and get their transcripts updated (we are homeschoolers), that's my main focus in spring. This summer, not much happening. Hubby started a new job position, so we won't be taking any time off this summer. And no family visiting that we know of. Guess it will be a lazy summer for us. :)
Our first summer with William was like this. We had so much to do all of the time that we were never home and it was meant to be fun but it was actually quite stressful. Since then I have really practiced saying no. Some years im better at it then others. I try and remind myself less is more :)
Post a Comment